Don't you know
My heart aches when I see you,
Lost and in pain.
When I try to reach out and
You pushed me away.
And I wonder, where has the friendship gone?
Where has the trust gone?
Love
Is always dramatised by media,
Exaggerated by our feelings.
Who can explain what love really is
When it's deeper than the deepest ocean
Higher than the highest heavens
Purer than a babe's innocence?
The common topic of most writers, singers and poets,
Talked and described by every man that ever existed.
But what is love, truly? How deep does love go?
Is it
Simply being there for him even though he no longer cares?
Is it
Crying for him day and night even though he will never know the tears you shed?
Doesn't it hurt to see yourself stuck at the same position
And not making progress?
I know I will not be there always
The love of this world is imperfect.
But it hurts when I realise
You cannot see that face of raw love
That greets me daily when I wake up,
That keeps me going when I'm crawling on the ground.
Is there a point in running away when you know
Time doesn't heal the scar unless you face it?
No point in seeking out friends to pour your heart to
When you are not intending to help yourself.
Prayers cannot be answered if you
Push them away and try to be strong.
Because the truth is, we are not as strong as we think.
We need help and you know it.
What I feel like doing
Is to give you a good and hard slap.
Life goes on, you have to move on.
Stop self-pitying and making us worried for nothing.
It's your life, we cannot change it unless
You allow yourself to be changed.
I don't know why I wrote this either. In a fit of depression and anger, I had the urge to write this. Oh wells. I have to go chew on what I wrote myself...
Oh. And did I mention I'm gonna slice short my hair soon?